The 6 Price Tiers of International Schools in Kuala Lumpur (UPDATED)
Updated: Oct 31, 2019
You may have heard of the terms 'top tier' (or 'Tier 1'), 'mid tier' (or 'Tier 2') and 'bottom tier' (or 'Tier 3') when referring to international schools.
The phrases are loosely used to refer to both price and quality ('top tier' schools are the most expensive but also, usually, the best. Middle tier schools are in the mid-fee bracket - and so on).
Flawed terminology aside, there are so many international schools here now that, within each of those 3 tiers, there is a vast range of prices. Not useful for parents trying to work out exactly which schools are in their budget!
So, we have divided the most popular international schools in Kuala Lumpur up into 6 pricing tiers: Tier 1 (most expensive) to Tier 6 (least expensive).
You can see all of the schools' locations on our helpful map.
A Few Notes
We have based our price tiers on the annual tuition fees for Grade 6 / Year 7 students. We are not focusing on quality here - just cost.
- All prices are in Malaysian Ringgit (MYR), per annum.
- Schools are arranged alphabetically within each tier.
- Deposits & registration fees are not included.
- Fee information has come directly from the schools.
- We have hyperlinked directly to fee information on the schools' websites, if they share this publicly (some don't).